Vermont is known for its natural beauty, with wide-open landscapes that include the Green Mountains, lakes, and forests. There are also plenty of populated areas within our small cities and ski resorts. If you're looking for space to roam, peaceful surroundings, and land to call home, we can help! Purchasing a property in the countryside is perfect in a state with a strong focus on sustainable living and outdoor recreation with access to hiking, skiing, and other outdoor activities right outside your door. Additionally, even Vermont's quietest towns have a strong sense of community and a slower pace of life, which can be appealing to those seeking a more relaxed lifestyle.
There are several reasons why you might consider buying a country home or land in Vermont. Here are some of the top benefits:
- Natural beauty: Vermont is known for its stunning natural beauty, with rolling hills, dense forests, and charming small towns. If you're looking for a peaceful retreat where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy the beauty of nature, a country home in Vermont could be a great choice.
- Outdoor activities: Vermont is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, with ample opportunities for hiking, skiing, snowboarding, fishing, hunting, and more. With your own land, you can enjoy these activities right from your doorstep, without having to travel far.
- Privacy: If you're looking for privacy and seclusion, you've come to the right place. You'll have plenty of space to yourself, with no neighbors to worry about.
- Self-sufficiency: With your own land, you can grow your own vegetables, raise livestock, and even generate your own energy through solar or wind power. This can help you live a more self-sufficient lifestyle and reduce your reliance on outside sources. Live the Vermont way!
- Investment potential: Real estate in Vermont has historically appreciated in value over time, and a country home with land can be a smart investment. Even if you don't plan to live in the home full-time, you could rent it out as a vacation property or use it as a second home.
Overall, a country home in Vermont with land can offer a peaceful retreat, a wealth of outdoor activities, and the potential for investment and self-sufficiency. Let's explore our current listings below!
135 Stonehendge Lane | Chester, VT | $649,000
Situated at the end of the road sits this beautiful three-bedroom, two-bathroom home on a breathtaking ten acres. This home is majestically perched above offering panoramic views, from inside and out, of open fields and the picturesque pond all bordered by stonewalls. Learn more.
683 Church Street | Chester, VT | $1,750,000
Take a tour of this spectacular seven-bedroom country home on 45+/- acres. This luxurious home combines the beauty of its architectural features with its magnificent country setting. The living room boasts an amazing stone fireplace with vaulted ceilings, an open post and beam design, and floor to ceiling windows. This home includes four wood-burning fireplaces, one outside fireplace and two wood-burning stoves. Learn more.
114 Evergreen Acres | Ludlow, VT | $900,000
As you approach the driveway at the end of a town road, this three-bedroom and three-bath home is perfectly hidden, and you anticipate something special. Sited high on Bear Hill, the winding drive leads you to a unique property offering privacy, serenity and it's own sledding hill. Gaze at the completely protected western views of Okemo Mountain. The property provides the tranquility of mountain living and the close-proximity to the amenities of downtown Ludlow. Learn more.
44 Lathrop Loop | Ludlow, VT | $850,000
Buy now so you can put your finishing touches on this quality made American post and beam Okemo area home. These owners have worked hard to create a truly smart and functional Vermont home for all seasons. Every detail was meticulously planned out such as the radiant heat, oversized abundance of windows, great room cathedral ceilings and 10 foot ceilings on all other levels including the walk out basement, and oversized doors in the lower level. Learn more.
00 High Ridge Road | Cavendish, VT | $58,000
This two-acre building site features long distance views down the valley to Okemo. Initial soil tests indicate lot should support a 5-bedroom home (further design work needed). You'll love this wooded setting offering just enough privacy and ideally located to the Proctor Piper State Forest for adventures. Stroll down to the Proctorsville Village, where you can visit local restaurants, Outer Limits Brewing, and Singleton's General Store. This lot is priced right and nestled in a nice col-du-sac. Learn more.
00 Gill Terrace | Ludlow, VT | $125,000
Build your home at this land lot in the Village of Ludlow. This lot has just been subdivided from the larger lot and located is a desirable neighborhood. The parcel has an approved permit in place for a five-bedroom sewer allocation and town water connection. What a great opportunity to build your dream home that would be in close proximity to shopping, restaurants, skiing and much more. Okemo is about 2 miles away, the lake area is about 5 miles away, and the newly designed town bike trails will be just around the corner. Learn more.
1584 Route 100 North | Ludlow, VT | $195,000
Here's your opportunity to build your dream home with Black River frontage and views of Lake Rescue! The house is ready for a dumpster, however, as there is a 3-bedroom functioning septic system that has recently been inspected. With an eastern exposure you'll want to focus on a design that will have large windows to soak in both the views and the sunshine. The site will also be perfect for a large deck overlooking the "Round Pond" area of Lake Rescue. Learn more.
Our team is ready to help you pick the perfect sanctuary right here in Vermont! Call our office at (802) 228-8877 or sign-up for market updates on our website. Happy house hunting!
- The Vermont Properties Team
Header Social Links