Why Use a REALTOR® When Selling Your Home?
Your real estate agent helps you understand everything you need to know about selling your home. A good real estate agent can give you invaluable advice that is designed to save you a lot of time and energy. All real estate licensees are not the same. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. You can trust the REALTORS® of William Raveis Vermont Properties to guide you through this process and provide you with up-to-date information on what is happening in the local marketplace. Most importantly, your William Raveis agent is committed to you and the sale of your home.
The Raveis Advantage:
William Raveis agents utilize the latest in tools and technology in order to sell your home. Using a blend of digital marketing with traditional strategies, agents leverage their resources to market your home in order to bringing it to a successful sale.
Your agent acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or other cooperative marketing networks such as Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com
Marketing includes the exposure of your property to other real estate agents and to the public. In many markets across the country, more than 50 percent of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer, that is why William Raveis Vermont property agents have cooperative agreements with area real estate agencies.
When a property is handled by a William Raveis agent, there is no need to allow strangers into your home. Agents will accompany qualified prospects through your property.
Your William Raveis agent can help you objectively evaluate offers without compromising your marketing position. They work for you and in your best interest. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and final sale. Your agent assists you through this complicated process. We are experienced in presenting offers and will guide you every step of the negotiating stages.
Closing the Deal
Between the initial sales agreement and closing, issues may arise. This can be an overwhelming process. Your William Raveis agent is the best person to objectively help you resolve any issues and move the transaction to closing
You Have Someone on Your Side
Your Raveis Agent:
- Abides strictly by the Code of Ethics, assuring you the most competent, professional and ethical performance.
- Knows the real current estate values and can intelligently determine the fair market price for your home
- Has access to the latest market information to keep your home competitive with the general market
- Markets your home utilizing the appropriate media vehicles, including but not limited to: internet, social media, direct mail, print media, open houses, and word of mouth
- Listens to your needs and will keep you informed of all activity and interest on your home and of market activity for closely competing homes
- Is experienced in presenting offers and will guide you through every step of process
Understanding “Agency” or Who is Working for Whom
A Seller’s Agent:
- Represents the best interest of the seller/client and puts their needs first
- Provides best efforts to secure a ready, willing and able buyer
- Will facilitate negotiations in the best interest of the seller
- You can expect your agent to provide:
- Undivided loyalty
- Reasonable care
- Obedience to lawful instruction
Types of Agencies
Non-Designated Agency – Your Agent:
- Can represent both buyer and seller equally (must obtain written permission from both parties)
- Objective is to reach an impartial agreement that is mutually satisfactory to all parties and remain neutral regarding any conflict issues
- Will provide all options to both buyer and seller, but refrain from advising any party during negotiations
- Ensures confidentiality to all parties
- Responsible for accounting funds
Designated Agency – Your Agent:
- Allows one or more agents within a real estate firm to be appointed as a designated sellers’ or buyers’ agent. William Raveis Vermont Properties works as a team to provide you with continual representation
- Other agents within the firm may represent other buyers in the transaction with informed consent of each client
- Designated Agency does not change the way each agent works with their client
You can trust the REALTORS® of William Raveis Vermont Properties to guide you through this process. We are with you every step of the way. Simply make the call.
If you'd like more information about the home selling process, or if you'd like to schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable real estate agents, please contact us online or call 802.228.8877.