September has arrived and many families are focusing on BACK TO SCHOOL! In this blog post, we have listed kid-friendly after-school & weekend activities to do near the Okemo Valley and our favorite midweek meals that will simplify your dinner prep. PLUS, we highlight the local school supply drive that is happening in downtown Ludlow. FALL IN VERMONT HAS ARRIVED!
Local School Supply Drive
Bensons Chevy in Ludlow is collecting school supplies through September 8th for Ludlow, Mount Holly and Cavendish area schools. Items may be dropped at their sales department between 8 am to 5 pm.
Items needed: #2 Ticondergoa pencils, colored pencils, manual pencil sharpener, erasers, crayons, washable markers, pens, two-pocket folders, kids blunt tip scissors, 8 x 10 white boards, fine tip Expo markers, Elmer’s Glue, glue sticks, composition notebooks, 1-subject notebooks, binders, 8 x 10 white boards, construction paper, art supplies, highlighters, sticky-notes, sanitizing wipes, facial tissues, and paper towels.
11 kid-friendly after school & weekend activities to do near the Okemo Valley
- Shop the Ludlow Farmers Market | Open Fridays from 4 - 7 pm at 53 Main Street | Fresh produce, local vendors + live music
- Apple pick at Wellwood Orchards | Located in Springfield | Open 9 am - 5 pm every day
- Swim at Buttermilk Falls | Great for a dip on a hot day!
- Visit Plymouth State Park | Nature trails, playground, swimming at the beach + more
- Paddle + Fish Lake Rescue | Park at the public boat launch - water depths up to 95 feet
- Play at Gamebird | Full arcade + eatery | Open Friday - Tuesday
- Climb at Green Mountain Rock Climbing Gym | Located on Woodstock Ave in Rutland | Open Monday - Saturday
- Explore the Adventure Zone at Okemo Mountain | Home of the Timber Ripper Mountain Coaster, the Haulback Challenge Course, the Okemo Bike Park, the Coleman Brook Mining Company, Miniature Golf, Disc Golf, the Bouncy House + so much more! | Open Saturdays and Sundays until October 10
- Meet animals at Billings Farm & Museum | Open daily 10 am - 5 pm | Daily cow milking, exhibits, workshops + more
- Play at Wonderfeet Kids’ Museum | Located on Center Street in Rutland | “Wonderfeet Kids’ Museum fosters curiosity and exploration, inspires creativity and ignites the imagination of every child through the power of play.”
- Learn at The Nature Museum | Located on Townshend Road in Grafton | Open Friday - Sunday, 10 am - 4 pm
5 easy midweek meals your family will love!
- Dutch Oven Pasta Bake
- Instant Pot + Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew (with Vegetarian Option)
- The Best Crockpot Beef Stew
- Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Read recipe here: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/dutch-oven-pasta-bake/
Read recipe here: https://realfoodwholelife.com/recipes/dump-and-go-slow-cooker-recipes/
Read recipe here: https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/10/best-crockpot-beef-stew.html
Read recipe here: https://damndelicious.net/2020/03/22/sheet-pan-lemon-rosemary-chicken/
Read recipe here: https://themodernproper.com/sheet-pan-chicken-fajitas
Header Social Links