The Fourth of July Weekend in the Okemo Valley is jam-packed with events, live music, and fireworks! There are plenty of family-friendly events and activities for you to explore while you're in town. We've compiled the top-rated events and team favorites that we thought you may enjoy. Did we miss anything? Leave a comment below!
Friday, July 1st Events:
1. Ludlow Farmers Market - Shop our local Vermont vendors at the Ludlow Farmers Market! Located on the green at the Okemo Mountain School in the Ludlow Village, you'll find a variety of local foods, gifts, beverages, and so much more. We love stocking up on fresh vegetables every week at the market or enjoying a quick but delicious dinner with Goodman's American Pie pizza truck. This is a great way to kick-off your holiday weekend by stocking your house with local eats from our Vermont farmers. Join us from 4 to 7 p.m. at 53 Main Street.
2. Jackson Gore Summer Music Series - We are excited to kick off the summer season of live music in the mountains this Friday with the Satin & Steel Band. Our team is proud to sponsor the Jackson Gore Summer Music Series at Okemo Mountain this summer with ten nights of live music from July 1st to September 2nd. Visit our blue tent to enter our weekly raffle and say hello to our team members! We will be available to answer any of your real estate questions, give some selling advice, or just talk to you about our desirable Okemo Valley market. For more event details, read all about here on our blog!
3. Curbside Cookout at Brownsville Butcher - Located about 30 minutes from Ludlow near Mount Ascutney, the Brownsville Butcher is a fantastic place for local groceries and insanely delicious eats (try their burgers!) The Curbside Cookout will take place in their parking lot for the ultimate tailgate vibe with live music and grilling. Bring your lawn chair and grab a cold beer from 14th Star and Zero Gravity breweries or try the new Sun Sips from High Noon. The grill will be serving up food from 5 to 7 p.m.
Saturday, July 2nd Events:
1. Yoga on the Green - Start your day off on the right foot with Lori and yoga on the Procotrsville Green in the Cavendish Village. This flow-style class focuses on flexibility, strength, and balance, yet is designed for all levels! Bring your own yoga mat, towel, bug spray, layers, and sunglasses. For more details, click here.
2. Fletcher Farm Art Festival - Fletcher Farm School is hosting their popular Art Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy 30+ vendors, music, and food! This event is free and takes place both indoors and outdoors (rain or shine).
3. Live Music at Jasper Forest - Stop by for live music on the deck at Jasper Fores in the Ludlow Village! Bill Brink will be playing from 2 to 4 p.m. on the sunny and open deck. Support this local musician and local gift shop, offering crystals, essential oils, bath & body, jewelry, candles, and so much more.
4. Live Music at Fox Run Golf Club - Whether you spent the day on the course or not, head over to Calcutta's Restaurant for live music on the patio from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. with the Adam McMahon Duo. Soak in the late sun and the views of the green with a cold drink in your hand. Don't forget to try a bite or two from their delicious summer menu.
5. Magic Mountain Fireworks - Watch the sky light up with a fireworks display at Magic Mountain in Londonderry, Vermont - a quick drive from Ludlow. The fireworks display will begin at 9:30, paired with live music from Rust & Ruin from 6 to 10 p.m. Grab a bite from the food truck or Black Line Tavern for dinner!
Sunday, July 3rd Events:
1. Live Music at Earth Sky Time Farm - Visit Earth Sky Time Farm in Manchester, Vermont for an evening of live music with The Big Takeover! Fronted by the charismatic Jamaican-born singer and songwriter Nee Nee Rushie, the seven-piece New York band The Big Takeover plays original music that is rooted in and reverent toward the genres and rhythms of Jamaican pop. Music will be playing from 5 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students and farmers, and free for kids.
2. Sunset Sundays at Fox Run Golf Club - Watch the sun go down at the Fox Run Par Bar with a cold drink from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Enjoy the hayride to the Par Bar (or jump on the cart) and soak in the views of Okemo Mountain. Fresh pizza from Off the Rails will be available for purchase as well!
Monday, July 4th Events:
1. Fourth on the Farm - Billings Farm Museum in Woodstock is hosting a Fourth of July celebration with wagon rides through the fields, a chance to meet the farm animals up close, lawn games, and crafts and stories for the kids! Wagon rides are from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.. Children’s stories are at 12 p.m. and 4 p.m.. Test your vocabulary in the youth or adult spelling bee. With a historic twist, this competition will be a test of 19th-century vernacular. The Youth spelling bees are at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., the Adult spelling bee is at 1 p.m. Visitors of all ages can join in a friendly, action-packed game of historic baseball or cheer from the bleachers as the game gets underway at 2 p.m.. Enjoy the live music of gifted banjo and hammer dulcimer player Tom McKenzie from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. Mount Holly Parade - Get in the spirit at come watch the Mount Holly Fourth of July Parade! The parade begins at 11 a.m. at Dodge Road and ends at the Odd Fellows Hall. Don't miss out on this festive parade in this quintessential Vermont town.
3. Okemo Mountain Fireworks - The weekend finale is held at Okemo Mountain with a fireworks display! The show will be launched from the Sugar House on Okemo at the Clock Tower Base Area at dusk. Parking will be available in the Okemo lots. Get there early to grab a spot, lay out your lawn chairs and blankets, and enjoy the show! Plus, Okemo's summer activities will be open all weekend for rides on the mountain coaster or scenic chairlift rides, rounds of mini golf, climbs on the rock wall, and more. (Rain date is July 5th).
If you find yourself at one of these events, tag us using @raveisokemo for a chance to get highlighted on Facebook and Instagram. We hope you have a fun and safe holiday weekend.
- The Vermont Properties Team